Friday 2 March 2012

Friday night update


Thanks very much to the lovely Gem who writes  http://dreamsofalifeinthecountry.blogspot.com/ for thinking me worthy of this award. I've followed her blog for quite so time now and wrote a guest post over there at Christmas which was fun. Hop on over and see what she's been up to recently.

I'd like to pass this award on and will do so over the next couple of days.

In the meantime, here's my latest cherry tree purchase. A French Connection skirt from YMCA for £4.99.




Net and velvet ribbon. Lush
Can I tell you about a brilliant book that I keep dipping into? My copy is so well thumbed, although not helped by the fact I dropped it in the bath last week. It's all about bringing life back to basics, picnics on the beach, places to go, gift ideas and how to relax and oh I just love it. My friend bought it for me when we relocated and I urge you all to read it.



I am also reading this again, as I love it. Found this in a cherry tree shop for £1.50.



And this is the book club choice this month. I have til March 28th to finish it, and am currently on page 26. I take an age to read a book and the library tells me I can only have it for a week. Great. Pressure! Really enjoying it though.


Tomorrow the weather is meant to be wet and not nice. I feel sad about that, it's the husband's weekend off and we had plans to get out and about.

Ah well, I shall still sneak out in waterproofs to see my true love.

11 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

Hi, I just sent you an email about another blogger who is a big fan of ladybird books.
My husband has today off as well, and it's raining!!!
So we're having a nerdy morning in bed, he's got his ipad and I'm on the laptop, and we have the 4 year old between us trying to get someone to read her beauty and the beast. For the millionth time. I am pretty sure she knows it by heart!! She is also dressed as a princess, whereas I'm still in my WonderWoman pajamas
I hope you have a lovely lovely weekend with your sweetie!!
Take care
xxx

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to buy that weekend book for a while now - it looks fab.

Love your new skirt! Bargainous.

Nicki xx

Musings Of A Gem said...

That weekend book sounds interesting. Off to check that out!!

Hope you have a great weekend : )

Gemma x

Anonymous said...

Hi Gem,I'm off to Amazon to look for the weekend book it looks great,just what I need,getting back to basics.Love your latest cherry tree buys,especially the skirt.
Have a lovely weekend,hope its stayed dry.
lots of love xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Gem...oh how I love your name; it is so fitting for someone like you, who not only treasures the beauty of life, but shines in its every facets....Anita

Annaboo's House said...

Hope you get to the beach today, between the showers and what a fabulous skirt, may I say!
Was having a Bon Jovi sing-along sesh in the car today, and thought of you ..!
Xx

Gem said...

I have had the weekend book on my Amazon wishlist for a while, I was given vouchers for Amazon when I left my old job so I am off to go and buy it now :) I read the slummy Mummy book a year or so back and LOVED it, I thought it was hilarious, people on the train must have thought I was crazy :) x x x x

Pink Milk said...

Love that skirt Gem - pink and brown is one of my favourite colour combinations.

Elspeth Thompson's charming blog was one of the first I ever came across but she so sadly died not long after. I really must buy that book.

Hxx

Sharon said...

I love that weekend book - I treated myself to it when I saw it on someone else's blog. It reminds me of a time when life was so much simpler (I am 54 mind you)! Love the goodies you are always finding. XX

Unknown said...

Great blog post Gem,think I will order that book too,it looks fab,Amazon will be happy with you :) Hope you have a lovely week
XX Maanda XX

Brownsville Security System said...

Loove this