Tuesday 25 June 2013

Sore

I'm flipping frustrated. I'm ill. Lost my voice, raging sore throat, aching, hacking cough.

Hello antibiotics, and goodbye eating whenever I like...

Who EVER invented antibiotics that you have to take four times a day on an empty stomach? Are they having a laugh? There is a bowl of strawberries and cream in the fridge with my name on and I can't eat them for another hour due to the blasted wretched tablets.

And no voice means no shouting.

And that is WELL irritating when I need to round up the kids. I've had to start doing the two finger whistle which is far from ladylike but the only thing that works.

Anyway, being ill means I've not really seen much to buy in the cherry tree shops, because I've lost my mojo temporarily.

Mind you, I spotted these in the British Heart Foundation window and if they had been in my size, I would have snapped them up. £15.

Irregular Choice in a cherry tree shop? Are you kidding?
In other news the Princess and I have been out to the cinema. We ate too much........


I've been enjoying the beach when the sun does show its face.


We've been to a nice party next door and the Princess wore her favourite dress.

Spot the secondhand bedside table

And I've been having nice days with the Prince, before he starts school. We're continuing to make the most of our time together.



Helping on a preschool trip

His cherry treee jigsaw! 
I have a few trips to the cherry tree shops lined up over the next few weeks so am hoping to have some goodies to show thee.

Right, that's a bit more time killed before I trough the strawberries and cream.

(clock watches a bit longer)

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Those shoes.....I WANT, I WANT. teee

Precious Gem, I have never been pregnant, and I cannot know the ups and downs of how you feel, but I hope you recover quickly, and that your MOJO RETURNS! Oh how you must have felt when you saw those shoes!

So good to see you; I was away from the computer for three days while on a little holiday, but back home now.

Wishing you a better day and enjoy the foods you love. HUGS! Anita

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Lovely,Xxxx

honeycat said...

Poor you feeling poorly. Hope you feel better soon. Hope you are not suffering with the dreaded pregnancy sickness as well. I still feel queasy thinking about it.

Hearting those shoes muchly.

Hope the suns shining for you this weekend.

Melanie X

Jay said...

I hope you feel much better very soon x

m said...

have been checking in from time to time to see whether you've already posted something saying that you feel better... hope you, the baby and the rest of your family are doing ok! sending you all the (excess!!) sunshine we're having over here :-)

Unknown said...

Oh are you supposed to stick to that whole empty stomach thing? I kind of read it as a 'recommendation', you know like, "ideally you should eat on an empty stomach". I find it so hard to remember to take them that praise myself just for getting four in n a day!
Hope they are making you feel better soon. You def don't want to be feeling poorly in the sunshine,
Nelly x x

Grateful4Crochet said...

Hope u feel better soon.
And congrats on the baby news!!!!!
That's amazingly awesome !!!!
I have been meaning for ages to pop in and tell u how much I love reading your blog and how when I see a new post it totally makes my day, but because I am a total slackarse I have not got around to it till now!
And you always always make me laugh!!
Take care